What to see and experience in Saint Petersburg from 7th until 13th September 2015
Festivals and urban holidays
- The festival Laboratory of Sculpture will open its doors in the branch office of the museum of urban sculpture. At the festival you can see both ready sculptures of contemporary artists from Saint-Petersburg and Finland, as well as the creative process in action. The festival will be open to public in the famous sculptor Anikushin’s workshop until 27th September.
- Autumn Festival of Fountains with its breathtaking multimedia show will take place at the Big Cascade of the Lower Park in the State Peterhof Museum-Reserve, Petrodvorets, on 11 – 12th September.
- Eco-festival Kislorod (Oxygen) will present state-of-the-arts developments in ecology in the artistic loft Tkachi (Weavers) 12 – 13th September.
- Fair Kuznitsa schastja (Forge of Happiness) invites everybody to the Primorsky Park on Krestovsky Island to see the exhibition of folk craft as well as to enjoy concerts and tasty treats on 13th September.
- International festival Viva, Comedy! in the Comedy Theatre of Akimov will show to the public performances of altogether 11 comedy theatres 6 – 11th
- The Orthodox procession to commemorate the transportation of an Orthodox Saint, St. Kniaz (Grand Prince) Alexander Nevsky’s relics will move down the Nevsky Prospect from the Nevsky Cathedral from to the St. Aelxander Nevsky Lavra on 12th September.
- Aleksandrinsky International theatre festival will show to the public performances of various national state theatres. For the detailed programme and ticket sales go to: alexandrinsky.ru/aboutfest/afisha15. The festival will open its doors in the Alexandrinsky theater on 12th September.
Theatre highlights of the week
- Peterburg Ballet Theatre shows Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake in the Hermitage theatre 7, 8, 10, 12 and 13th September.
- Le Corsaire ballet will premier in the Mikhailovsky theatre 8 – 12th September.
- New theatre season in the SANKT-PETERBURG OPERA chamber theatre will open with Evgeny Onegin on 9th September.
Musical highlights of the week
- Concert of choir music Chas muzhestva Lenigrada with the participation of the children’s choir of Television and Radio will take place in the St. Isaac’s Cathedral (Isakievsky Sobor) on 8th September.
- David Garett, the world’s fastest violin-player according to the Guiness Book of World Records, will give a concert in the Ice Palace (Ledovy Dvorets) on 9th September.
- Evening of organ music will take place in the concert and exhibition hall of the magnificent Smolny Cathedral on 10th September.
Museum highlights of the week
- Exhibition A Gift from the Collection of Contemporary Applied Arts from the Hermitage Museum (USA) will be still open to the public in the Hermitage museum.
- Exhibition of the Russian Folk Art Secular Lubok from the collections of the Russian Museum will be open on the premises of the MIkhailovsky (St.Michael’s) Castle.
- International exhibition of an American impressionist artist Shane Guffogg’s will continue its work in the Academy of Fine Arts.
- Exhibition Agate A Road to the Revival of the Tradition will be displaying Empress Catherine the Great’s unique interiors made of Ural jasper. The exhibion is hosted in the Holodnaya Banya Pavillion of the Tsarskoye Selo Museum-Preserve and will go on until 30th September.