This Week Events in St. Petersburg: 31 August – 6 September 2015
Festivals and city holidays:
– “Autumn Festival” is held from the 3rd to the 6th of September in Saint Petersburg sports and concert complex (SKK), at the fair you can purchase food from local producers, jump on the trampoline, ride a Segway or a donkey and participate in fun contests.
– The 3rd of September is an opening date of the First Chinese music festival at the DD Shostakovich St. Petersburg Academic Philharmonia. Chamber orchestra and 10 best soprano of China will be performing throughout September
– Theatre festival “Access Point” lasts till the 6 of September. Performances take place in the most unexpected places: in a supermarket, at the factory, in a library. Timetable and tickets are available on the website of the project http://td.openstage.spb.ru/buy.html
– First international theatre festival “Vivat, Comedy!” opens on the 6th of September. 11 artistic groups will show their performances at the theatre venues of the city. Performances schedule http://komediaspb.com/festival/schedule . An exhibition “N. P. Akimov and G. A. Tovstonogov. Theatrical legends of Petersburg” opens at the Akimov comedy theatre as a part of the Festival.
– On the 4-5 September at the “Monolith” stadium will take place this years last festival of colours. Admission is free, but paint costs 200 RUB per bag. It is prohibited to bring your own paint, because during the event is used only special, washable natural paint Holi. Event website http://vk.com/colorsfest . Stadium address – Lesnoy av., 8 (metro station Ploshchad Lenina).
Interesting plays of the week:
– On the 29 August – 3 September a premiere by Engineering theatre AKHE will be held at 20.00 in Central park of culture and recreation of SM Kirov at the Bolshoi square. The performance called “SHCHEDRIN – the Chronicles of the dead mayors” is the first satirical series based on the novel “History of one city” by M. E. Saltykov-Shchedrin.
– 4 September – artistic evening of Konstantin Raikin in DK Lensoveta.
– 4 September – “Crime and punishment” by Small Drama theatre at the Baltic house scene.
– Art project Pop-up theatre is an independent space for modern performances of independent theatres. From late August to the beginning of October the best performances of the most prominent non-state associations of St. Petersburg (post and true theatres) will be shown to public in the space of “beatnik”. The schedule of performances on http://popuptheatre.ru/.
Interesting exhibitions of the week:
– “The gift to the collection of contemporary applied arts from the Hermitage Museum Foundation (USA)” is exhibited in the Hermitage.
– Festival “Laboratory of sculpture” at the branch of the State Museum of urban sculpture “Workshop Anikushin”, where you can see sculptors at work.
– On the 3 – 6 September exhibition and sale of jewellery called “Treasures of Saint-Petersburg” takes place at Polovtsev Palace. A good chance to get acquainted with local jewellers and an opportunity to buy unique pieces.
– Multimedia exhibition “Dali – live canvases”, that presents the works of Salvador Dali, is available in “Lumiere hall” space.
– “Magic of light”, exhibition of optical holograms and clones, in held in the house of merchants Eliseev on the Birgevaya line of Vasilievskii island, b. 14. It includes several interactive zones, unique laser theatre and Obscura department quest.
Translation by Kira Horm