City events from 28 September to 4 October 2015
Festivals and city holidays
– CrossArt Festival dedicated to the synthesis of modern forms of art will be held in Erarta museum and will present audio-visual, interactive installations, art objects, concerts and theatrical performances from 30 September to 5 October.
– Festival “Traditional Museum in Contemporary Art”
During this festival the experimental works of contemporary artists are exhibited in different museums of the city. This year, the event includes only museums of Vasilyevsky Island, 26 September – 25 October.
– International Theater Festival “Baltic House”
Performances of Lithuania, Russian, Latvian, Chinese, Estonian and Sweden theatres can be seen on the stage of the “Baltic House” on 1 – 14 October.
– The 25th International Festival “Message to Man”
The 25th international festival of documentaries, short, animated and experimental films will be held in the cinema centers “Giant”, “Motherland”, and “Aurora”, as well as the BDT and Alexandrinsky Theater until the 1 October.
– Music Festival “Earlymusic”
This week the festival shows two performances: the concert of the Italian duo in the Jaani Kirik concert hall on October 1 and the concert of the Austrian musician Max Chenchicha on the stage of Academic Capella on October 2.
– International comics festival “Boomfest” invites to visit exhibitions, presentations and master classes at the Hermitage, in the city libraries and in the art-spaces “Etagi” and “Taiga” until 11 October.
– Mushrooms and berries festival
Botanical Garden invites to celebrate autumn with games, lectures and fairs on 3 and 4 October.
– Festival “Nordic Week”
Familiarise yourself with the culture and history of our northern neighbours at exhibitions, concerts, and public programs organized by Consulates of Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Events will take place at the Danish Institute of Culture, the consulates, the Beloselskiy-Belozerskiy Palace, and the “ExpoForum” until 10 October.
Interesting performances of the week
– “Open Wednesdays at Mariinskiy”
The opening of free performances season at the Mariinsky-2 will take place on Wednesday, 30 September.
– “King Lear” tragedy
The performance by Taiwanese theater “Contemporary Legend” will take place at Alexandrinskiy theater as a part of Alexandrinskiy festival on 3 and 4 October.
– “Giselle” ballet
Fantastic ballet with choreography by Marius Petipa can be seen at the Mikhailovskiy Theatre on 3 and 4 October.
Interesting exhibitions of the week
– Photo exhibition of Steve Maccari
The exhibition of documentary works of the famous photojournalist opened in the General Staff building of the Hermitage on September 30 – November 22.
– The exhibition “City on water”
Art exhibition of works of contemporary artists of St. Petersburg continues at the Congress Palace at the Konstantinovskiy Palace until 30 September.
– The exhibition “Other Worlds”
Exhibition of artist Natalia Tsvetkova at the renegade art museum “Pushkinskaya – 10” is open until 18 October.
– The exhibition “Human Body”
Sensational widely discussed exhibition and an educational project with more than 500 unique pieces, dedicated to human structure. Visit the exhibition at the space “Konushennaya, 2” until 1 December.
Translation by Kira Horm